what is a ” quesa-de-pizza ” you may ask? well it’s only one of the most deliciously hearty meals you can make for yourself, and i’m going to teach you how.
what you need…
- 2 tortillas
- 1 egg
- some type of meat (unless you’re a veggie), i used pork here
- sour cream
- avocado (unfourtunately, this lovely ingredient was lacking in my quesa-de-pizza)
how it’s done…
- start by heating the tortillas in a pan. once you’ve warmed the first and the second is still in the pan, distribute cheese evenly over the tortilla.
- in the mean time, crack an egg into another pan with the heat a little higher than low. in this demonstration i made a fried egg, however, you may make your egg any way you like!
- once you notice the cheese start to sweat a little, add your choice of meat on top.
- now your egg should be about ready and your cheese should be melted. take the tortilla stacked with goodies off the pan and place it on your plate. while you wait for your egg to finish cooking, warm the other tortilla in the pan.
- once your egg is ready to go, place it on top of the meat and the newly warmed tortilla on top of that! now you have what looks like a fancy as heck quesadilla.
- scoop salsa on the top tortilla and spread it evenly, like you would to tomato sauce on a pizza.
- now if you’re feeling extra cheesy when you make this, sprinkle a handful of shredded cheese on top and pop it in the toaster oven until you see the top is melted!
- a dollop of sour cream and either a couple hot peppers or slices of fresh avocado for icing on the cake…and bon appetite!
sooo… does that look yummy or what?
share pictures of your yummy quesa-de-pizzas on instagram with the hashtag #mollnell 🙂
p.s. now i’m reallly hungry.